Friday, February 15, 2013

Ashley Causey


Name: Ashley Causey

Age: 26

College: Wilberforce University of Ohio

Major: Business Management/Marketing

Grad Year: 2008

Masters: Media Communications

Grad Year: 2010





About Ashley: I am a servant-leader who desires to leave a legacy of being civically engaged, culturally connected and spiritually led. Dedicated to my life's mission, I aspire to teach and instill a sense of purpose in everyone I come in contact with. I have been given many platforms throughout classrooms, communities, air-waves, programs and initiatives across the country, which has allowed me to bring a guiding light on pressing social issues.

Growing up I had one passion and that was people. No matter what activity I’ve been involved in or what job I had, one thing that motivated me the most was my compassion to help others. Through that, I’ve been able to collaborate, volunteer and work with many non-profit organizations in the Bay Area, including but not limited to, BUILD, Public Allies; Silicon Valley, the Princess Project, Asian American Festival, Gardner Community Center, Social Justice for Teachers Inc. I’ve also facilitated numerous workshops with youth including my most popular titled "Self Justice is Social Justice" and "Media Impact: The Influence on Urban Youth". Any aspect of personal development through education, and religion has been the driving force in all that I choose to embark upon.'

Despite all of my various appointments I understand “I am” because so many people who have gone before me “were.” I am a beneficiary of a family and community that has wrapped their arms around me, demanded greatness and physically, mentally and spiritually supported all my pursuits. I am currently traveling and working abroad in Europe. Completing my first book "Dreams Of Joy: A Journey to Find Power, Love, and Sound Mind" set for distribution in 2013.

My business, Ashley Joy Speaks (ashleyjoyspeaks.com), offers professional and personal development for those men, women, and youth who desire to go higher. I offer one-on-one coaching, seminars and workshops, live presentations, syndicated content (print, online, tv), etc. I believe that greatness resides in all of us and I want to be apart of the process of helping you discover that greatness.

What is your life's mission?

My mission in life has always been to be a builder of confidence not a destroyer of spirits. I love celebrating the life of each individual I come in contact with. It's vital to me to nurture others gifts, while encouraging them live up to their full potential. My heart is with the people, I don't approach any work with the mindset of doing anyone a favor. I have a life-long commitment to service, and I fight for the weak and understand the hurt. I am a woman of conviction and not conformity. Through my faith I am commanded to live differently according to a higher loyalty, I am for the people and not myself.

What does being a black woman mean to you?

Strength, endurance, resiliency, tenacity, faith are a few words that comes to mind when I think of my position as a black woman. I am a descendant of Queens who freed themselves from the oppression of slavery, who fought for my right and position to vote, who liberated themselves in accepting the complexities of their beauty, all while raising, supporting and loving their families and others. Since I was in my Mothers womb the journey that was set before me as a black woman is that of a standard of excellence. It also enables me to be a greater spiritual being whose able to enlighten the masses about the divine power of God and his artistry, who has created so many distinct differences in all human kind. In a world today were media influence has portrayed Black Women in a negative light, I still stand with my head held high, proud of who I am, my heritage and the legacy of the women who have carried this world on their back so that I can be of service to others. I will forever be proud to be a black woman!

"I have a life-long commitment to service, and I fight for the weak and understand the hurt. I am a woman of conviction and not conformity. Through my faith I am commanded to live differently according to a higher loyalty, I am for the people and not myself."

                                             

Contact Ashley:
Twitter
Blog
Website (Relaunch Feb 15th)
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment